With an extra hour of daylight and more sunshine in the Spring, it's a great time to safeguard your home from common property claims and make it feel refreshed! Below are some of our quick tips to help reduce potential risks:
- Change out batteries in all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to ensure they are in proper working order.
- Clean the dryer hose annually to check for trapped lint. A clogged dryer hose can leave the laundry areas susceptible to fire when lint and heat are combined together.
- Check caulking around windows and doors looking for cracks where moisture can enter and cause damage. Replace old and dried out caulking.
- Clean or replace HVAC filters. A clean filter can help save money and prolong the life of your HVAC unit.
- Check water heaters for any leaks or corrosion, and have them repaired by a licensed professional.
- When transitioning from heat to AC in the warmer spring months, ensure your system is in proper working order.
- Clear branches away from utility wires and all shrubbery away from windows to help prevent theft.
- Clean gutters and downspouts by removing debris and leaves to continue to direct water away from the roof and house, preventing damage.
- Repair outdoor areas like sidewalks and driveways for any broken, uneven or cracked surfaces. Fix as necessary to prevent accidents on your property.