Founded in 1843, Frederick Mutual Insurance Company is a strong and reliable insurance company with over 47 million dollars in assets.
The Company is rated A-(Excellent) by A.M. Best, the most widely recognized insurance company rating organization. Our premium-to-surplus ratio is far superior to the industry standard, providing additional security to policyholders that Frederick Mutual will be there when they need us. The company offers insurance for homeowners, businessowners, and artisan contractors through independent insurance agents.
History Of Frederick Mutual
- December 1843 – General Assembly of Maryland granted a charter to The Mutual Insurance Company of Frederick County, which was established to safeguard the interests of Frederick County citizens from loss by fire.
- May 1, 1844 – The company’s first insurance policy was issued.
- August 5, 1845 – The company received its first claim for fire damage.
- August 1993: The company name was changed to Frederick Mutual Insurance Company.
- Today – Frederick Mutual has policyholders in both Maryland and Pennsylvania, providing property and casualty coverage for homeowners, renters, and small businesses.
Frederick Mutual is a property and casualty insurance company that is rich in history, positioned for the future, partnered with Independent Agents, and dedicated to providing our policyholders with “peace of mind” in their time of need.